Lightning Protection Solutions for Residential & Commercial Properties. Give us a call today at 321-432-2179
Lightning Protection Trees
Lightning Protection for trees is important if your property has tall trees as they are more likely to get hit by lightning especially if they are taller than your property. If you are caught outside in a thunderstorm, It’s a natural instinct to take shelter under a tree. Don’t do this! Tall trees are especially vulnerable to lightning strikes. The trees may be next to electric wires or poles that can be particularly hazardous if lightning strikes.
How is Lightning Protection System Installed on Trees?
Lightning protection on trees involves installing a heavy copper cable that leads down to copper ground rods driven beyond the tree’s drip line. Copper conductors connected to a ground rod reduces tree damage and finds a path for the electric current to the earth. This is not a DIY job because if the lightning protection system is not properly installed it will not be effective.
Coastal Lightning Rod Experts based in Florida, install lightning protection systems that can minimize the risk of damage from a strike. Our trained lightning protection specialists and arborists have the knowledge and experience to install lightning protection rods on your trees in a safe, competent and efficient manner.
Coastal Lightning Rods provides a full design and installation solution based on your lightning protection requirements.
Coastal Lightning Rods provides solutions for full protection against lightning, that adheres to NFPA standard for the Installation of Lightning Protection and is in accordance with the code and legislation in force. We use UL listed materials.
NFPA 780 provides lightning protection system installation requirements to safeguard people and property from fire risk and related hazards associated with lightning exposure
Coastal Lightning Rods provides tree protection, whole house surge protection, surge arrestor, surge protection for AC DC, phone, COAIX and data, grounding and earthing services.
Coastal Lightning Rods of Florida, provides a full range of lightning protection services including:
- Risk Assessment – We perform a risk assessments before we install the lightning protection system.
- Lightning Protection System Design – Each property is unique and has a different size and shape. We design a lightning protection system that meets all standards.
- Lightning Protection System Installation – We install the designed lightning protection system and make sure it complies to all standards and codes of practice.
- Tests & Inspections of Lightning Protection Systems – We offer Annual testing of existing lightning protection systems.
- Lightning Protection System Maintenance & Repair – Over time your lightning protection system may damage. We provide repair service in the event of damage.
FAQs About Lightning Protection Installation for Trees
- Lightning can damage and can also destroy trees. A lightning strike on a tree can lead to a fire and destruction of a property.
- For protecting trees from lightning a copper rods known as lightning rod are installed on the tree connecting to copper wires on the ground. When lightning strikes the current goes to the ground, neutralizing it and preventing it from harming the tree. We recommend you hire a professional to install your lightning protection system. If the lightning protection system is not installed properly, it will not be effective.
- Lightning protection for trees has been used since 1800’s.
- Lightning Protection for trees has been installed on may historic landmarks and in recreational areas, e.g., Mount Vernon, Washington’s home; Monticello, Jefferson’s home; and the hermitage, the White House; President’s home and more.
NO OBLIGATION, FREE LIGHTNING PROTECTION CONSULTATION!
At Coastal Lightning Rods, LLC of Florida, our mission is to protect you and your property from lightning strikes. We can work with you to inspect, design, maintain and install the best lightning protection and surge protection system throughout the state Florida, entire South East, Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast. We provide lightning protection services throughout the state of Florida, entire South East, Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast. We also provide lightning protection in Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and beyond. Call us today for a free consultation.